Weddings at cSPACE
Weddings at cSPACE
“It was a unique setting for our guests. We loved it! It was amazing and made all our wedding dreams come true. Even in Covid times!”
-Heather Thomas, Bride
Weddings @ cSPACE King Edward
You’re creative, classy, and a little quirky, with just the right amount of history to make you fascinating. Why should your wedding venue be any different?
cSPACE King Edward is an authentic boutique event location that combines the warmth and character of a historic building, with the creative expression of a modern arts hub. From grand sandstone entrances to contemporary public art in every corner, to soaring city and mountain views from our rooftop terrace, there are plenty of photo opportunities and places to inspire your guests!
Let’s face it, modern weddings are different. We’ve embraced that fact and have installed state of the art live-streaming and recording equipment available to capture your special day. Whether recording your event for posterity, or broadcasting your micro-wedding live to your global family and friends, we’re here to help you create amazing memories.*
*Live stream and recording packages available in addition to wedding packages below.
“We were looking for a unique space for our summer evening wedding/reception and cSPACE was it! Our 80+ guests were stunned at how the Theatre transformed from a dramatically dark and intimate space for the ceremony into a bright and vibrant room for the jazz cocktail reception. The Courtyard offered a festive outdoor area for mingling. Our wedding and reception were perfect thanks to cSPACE!”
– Cheers, Fran & Cheryl
“The wedding was amazing and the space was loved by all.”
-Steve Williams, Father of the Groom
Full Studio Theatre wedding bookings include the following
- Green Room (adjacent to theatre, prep area)
- Red Room (catering support)
- Hallway Level 1 (reception / overflow)
- Basic house A/V with client supplied laptop/phone/iPAD
- Microphone & podium
- Theatre seating
- General building orientation with staff onsite
- 4 hours of Technician time for setting sound levels/creating lighting looks that can be run from the floor, including custom colour on the sandstone feature wall
- Up to 10 cocktail tables
- Up to six 6′ plastic folding catering tables
- Rolling bar
- Banquet tables, chairs and coverings, and/or linens, decor, etc.
- Event Planning Additional:
- Technician for cueing extra ($35/hour @ 4 hour minimum)
Necessary extras for all packages:
- Event insurance
- Liquor license if serving alcohol
- Socan license for live or recorded music
Recording and livestream/broadcast options
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on our recording, live-stream/broadcasting packages!
Full Day Your Way Weddings
Studio Theatre Ceremony + Reception
Enjoy all the amenities and opportunities that King Edward School offers.
- Check availability here.
8 am – 2 am
$3500 + GST
Studio Theatre South (Daytime)
Ideal for boutique micro-weddings or ceremony only. Includes access to the attached green room and courtyard.
- Check availability here
- Basic A/V
- Basic lighting preset / sandstone wall accent light
8 am – 4 pm
$1,125 + GST
RGO Treehouse + Rooftop Wraparound Terrace
Ideal for intimate micro-weddings or ceremony-only events. Offering spectacular views of the downtown Calgary.
- Check availability here.
- Max occupancy is 60
- Basic A/V and projector
- Podium + microphone
- Overhead string lights
$200/hour + GST
3 hour minimum
Preferred Catering List
We have partnerships with some of the most amazing food vendors in the city! We believe catering is best when you can #shoplocal and #sustainable. Contact our vendors below for a custom food quote.
- An Affair to Remember (long established Calgary favourite)
- Aroma (in house coffee/smoothie shop and Mexican flair lunch menu)
- Forage (local, sustainable, farm-to-fork)
- Our Daily Brett Market & Café (local, quality casual food)
- Urbane Culinary (special Covid friendly custom menus available)
- For groups of <20 you are free to Skip the Dishes or bring your own store-bought platters/snacks
Our caterers have been selected because they are a) awesome and b) know what the boundaries are when when serving in a historic building with unique limitations and c) committed to sustainable practices.
You are free to book your own caterer if they are not on this list, however, be aware that you will be subject to an extra charge of $1000.
For events with alcohol you will have to supply your own liquor license which you can apply for here (or your caterer may provide).
If you are having a real micro-wedding (under 8 ppl total, ceremony or signing only, less than 3 hours, contact us for more info).
If you are doing an elope-style wedding on short notice, we can accommodate bookings up to 60 days in advance subject to availability. If you are making plans further down the road, we only take wedding bookings during July and August. “What?” I hear you say. “But what about my beautiful June wedding?” We apologize, our social purpose business is to support artists and cultural nonprofits in their creative endeavours. We are delighted to make our space available to other bookings when available.